PASSION, PURPOSE, MINISTRY!
Our volunteers are God fearing, Christian women and men who are committed to building relationships with teen mothers across the city of Cleveland; by inspiring them and encouraging them to give their lives to Christ! There are several capacities to serve as a volunteers for Cleveland YoungLives.
Become a Mentor
Many teen moms are in desperate need of someone to walk with them through the challenges they will face in being a young mother. Others have experienced the scars of emotional and physical abuse and are in danger of continuing that cycle with their children. The loving compassion of a mentor allows them to experience unconditional love, perhaps for the first time, and this opens the door for them to see Jesus.
Become Part of Our Visionary Team
If your strengths lie more along the lines of vision casting and administration. As a YoungLives committee member, you’ll help develop the plans and policies that enable the ministry to run efficiently and prepare it for future growth.
The Purpose of YoungLives Visionary:
- To implement and help maintain the local ministry
- To provide structure and accountability
- To work closely with area and regional staff
- To encourage and support leaders
- To pray for all aspects of the ministry
- To organize and implement a strong financial foundation
Finance Team: An individual on this team can typical be described as a person who has influence, they are savvy in accounting, gifted in finances. This team would be responsible for:
- Spring Banquet/Golf Event/Brunches, Etc.: responsible for hosting table(s)
- Campership: Helping to raise funds for annual camp trip
- Accounting: work with the Young Lives director to develop the budget, review spending regularly and lead the committee in making sound financial choices, also will be responsible for Pcard monthly sign off.
- Grant Writing: researches and writes grants alongside staff to help raise financial support though foundations and community grants.
- Fundraising Event Coordinator: coordinating different fund-raising events.
Club Support Team: This team will support all aspects of club, with-in specific roles
- Childcare Coordinator – Call all those interested in serving in childcare. Communicate the year’s calendar, care for childcare workers
- Food Coordinator – Arrange for meals/snacks to be provided at Young Lives events. This schedule will be developed with the Young Lives director and will include recruiting different churches and women’s and community groups to provide food.
- Transportation Coordinator – Arranges rides to YoungLives events. Coordinates teen moms and their children to be picked up by volunteer leaders or other drivers and dropped off at end of event.
- Set Up/Take Down – May include setting up sound system, chairs, tables and club logistics. Leads cleanup process at end of club
Ministry Team: This team provides direct support to the director, and teen moms in specific roles.
- Community Relations/Church Liaison- This person builds awareness in the community about Young Lives, specifically working to build relationships with churches and organizations who desire to reach teen moms.
- Chaplin/Prayer Team- This person(s) cares for our SOULS and keeps us accountable to what God has called us to do. This person/team also serves as prayer warrior(s) for both local YoungLives ministry regularly seeking out the needs of the ministry and communicating those needs to prayer partners monthly.
- Hospitality/Leader Care- This person is responsible for welcoming new teen moms, leaders, childcare people, mentors, etc. This person ensures that mentors have specific people praying and caring for them regularly. This might include notes of encouragement, celebrating birthdays and providing meals for their family when needed. This person may plan team-building events such as a Christmas party, summer barbeque or night out.
- Donations Coordinator – Recruits donations that will serve teen moms and their children. They arrange for donations to be distributed at club and other events, as well as throughout the year as needed.
- Administrative – This person will utilize office, computer and organizational skills to assist staff with administrative tasks. This might include helping with quarterly newsletter, monthly club reminders, mailings and meeting minutes.
- Volunteer Recruiter – Develops a plan alongside the Young Lives director for speaking opportunities and advertising (women’s groups, churches, philanthropic groups, etc.) to recruit volunteers and make the needs known in the community.
- A former Teen Mom: This person will have the experience and fresh eye’s to help us see the big picture through a teen mom
- Community Empowerment Chair/& Social Worker: This person focus on education, parenting skills, and vocational train as well as connecting the social service aspect to our girls.
- Social Media Chair: This person maintains our instagram, facebook, and twitter accounts, with updates and post.
- Parent of a Teen mom: This person has the eyes of a teen mom parent and can give us insight on the feelings associated with being a parent of a teen mom, also can possible give us insight as to how we can get parents engaged in YoungLives.
If you have a passion for teen moms and the next generation, we invite you to partner with YoungLives through one or more of these ministry opportunities. Please Contact Us with your information so that we may reach out to you