If you’ve been following me for awhile then you know Anissa is an Olympic Gold Medalist swimmer, at least that’s what I like to believe in my head. In actuality swimming is the physical activity Anissa enjoys. That was up until she graduated. Yes, Anissa officially reached the end of her swim lesson journey. After graduation we looked for other activities for Anissa to do to keep her physical. Up next…cheerleading. All throughout the summer we went to practice and games and kept Anissa active. Now we have reached the time of the year where those activities are wrapping up and it’s time to find another way to keep Anissa active. We live in the North so snow plays a factor in what activities we can do outdoors. It’s important that kids have some form of physical activity in their lives. With technology bringing everything right to their fingertips, we need to disengage and get physical.
Here are a few exercises and activities you can do to help your little one:
- During summer 2020 we fell in love with Yoga. Here’s a link to beginner’s yoga
- YMCA is another great place to look for activities. Click the link to find one near you.
- Anissa worked out with me on a regular basis prior ro COVID our favorite trainer now has a YouTube channel, Pretty Curvy with Kiki
- If you have a pet, take a long family walk together. Explore the neighborhood, discover something new each day
- Issue a jump rope challenge. My family is competitive so this is always a winner. Try to see who can last an entire song. Song would last 3-4 minutes. Don’t forget to stretch!
These are just a few of our favorite physical activities. What are some of yours?