Dear Parental Units, WE MADE IT!!! Pat yourself on the back, high-five other parents, breathe! Summer vacation is over and we can get back to our regularly scheduled school year program. Now you may think who wants summer vacation to be over…When summer vacation started I was excited to spend time with my children, as the weeks went on and we became not so loving with each other I began to dream of the day my children would go back to school. Judge if you must it’s my opinion and my parenting journey!
Here’s the list in reverse…
10. They are boring me! I had a plan for summertime fun, I was excited to be able to conquer the list with both my children, they had plans of their own, which means my list was basically voided. I got bored and it’s their fault!
9. I’m boring them! Apparently what I consider summertime fun is not as fun as I thought it would be. Apparently I can be a little boring! Where in the h-e-double hockey sticks did they get that from? I’m F-U-N!
8. Wi-Fi usage will return to normal! I thought we had unlimited Wi-Fi…guess not! At least three times this summer I received notification from our provider that we had excessive Wi-Fi usage. What’s excessive?! Any who, that excessive usage required more coins from mommy’s piggy bank. Returning to school will hopefully allow me to add some coins back to said piggy bank.
7. I will be on time for work. During the summer break I believe in breaking! Taking a break from our normal schedule which means I slept in or at least past the first 10 snooze button hits. Since school is in session and those little people of mine have to be on time, I too will be on time.
6. My leftovers from the night before will be there when I get home! I know I’m not alone with this. You take the family out to eat and bring home your leftovers for lunch, but you forget it in the fridge when you leave for work in the morning. No worries, it will be there when you get home…LIES! It will not be there because summertime fun includes your kids eating your leftovers. NO MORE, back to school means I have a fighting chance to enjoy my leftovers.
5. I can take a nap! Some days I need to leave work and come home to get my life in order. I am the QUEEN of the 10 minute nap. I set my timer, drift off, awake and I’m ready for the second half of the day. When the kids are home there is no 10 minute nap. Despite that my children know about the 10 minute nap in those 10 minutes they manage to ask every question known to man. I’m taking a 10 minute nap as soon as I’m done writing this post!!! VICTORY IS MINE!
4. This one is for Sparky, our dog! He can now roam the house freely without someone trying to get him to do tricks! All day long trying to get him to flip, rollover, fetch, it has to be exhausting for the little guy. I can see him home now dragging the pillows from some room in the house building a fort and chilling in a nice quiet house!
3. Anissa is excited because there are more girls to play with. I guess the dolls and I just aren’t enough. She doesn’t appreciate us (me and the dolls) sitting through her entire lesson plans this summer, getting sent to the principal’s office (Sparky), and having play-doh lunches. (Le sigh)
2. My BILLS are about to regulate! Personally I love sun light and cool breezes. On days when it’s not too hot outside I love opening a door and feeling that breeze and letting the natural light into our home. My children on the other hand will turn on EVERY light in the house. EVERY LIGHT and not even be in that particular room, then they will turn on every air conditioner or fan they can find, while wearing layered sweats around the house. I am truly looking forward to the day I can go to their homes and turn on all the lights and leave the refrigerator door open.
- MY GROCERY BILL!!! This summer I have spent a billion dollars on groceries! Okay I’m exaggerating, but it feels like a billion. If you’ve been with me for a while you know I am a huge fan of Instacart and grocery pick-up. I am now on a first name bases with the delivery drivers and grocery workers. I see them more than I see my children. My grocery receipts are long enough to make my fall wardrobe.
I hope you enjoyed my list, it’s real and its jokes. I’m excited for my children to start this journey and for them to tackle this school year and be victorious. I enjoy watching them on their journey while I continue on mine. What are your back to school traditions? Share them with us in the comments.
5 thoughts on “Top 10 Reasons I’m Excited About School Starting!”
This is hilarious! I’m not a parent but I totally get why you guys are rejoicing lol. The “I’m boring them” part took me out!
I love back to school photos! I really love your snarky twist to it too!