On the blog, The House of Sickness. A few of my personal home remedies to cure sickness.
Made it through Christmas, YAY! As we prepare to go into the New Year I can hear a sniffle here and there. OH NO!! I don’t want to start off a new year with rounds of sickness in the house. So here are 5 home remedies i use to get rid of colds fast.
- Garlic, Honey, Lemon Tea: You will need…1 medium clove of garlic, 1 lemon
1 teaspoon of honey, warm water. Directions-Crush up the garlic clove and place it in a glass along with the juice from the lemon. Top it off with the honey (you can add more to taste if you like) and then top it off with warm water. Give it a stir, and then drink entirely. Repeat 2-3 times a day for the duration of your symptoms.
- Sweat It Out: I get all bundled up, I go in the bathroom, close the door, turn the hot water and sit. As soon as the bathroom gets steamy i start blowing my nose. Whatever evil germ is in me always seems to get flushed out. I then nap and repeat at least two more times.
- Vapor Rub & A Massage: My grandma did this so I do it too. Good old Vick’s Vapor Rub, i put that stuff everywhere! just kidding! But I start with my feet, rubbing and massaging in a downward motion, my granny told me the way to move a cold is to massage down and out, I then put my socks on to keep the vapor in. Next I massage my back ( I get help) massaging down and out again. lastly my upper chest area, gets the down and out massage. I then layer my pajamas and take a nap.
- I believe in the power of vitamin C. This method only works in the early stages of a cold. I up my vitamin C intake with drinking more orange juice, grapefruit juice, Emergen-C, and my normal vitamins. I basically go into vitamin C overload, just kidding but it does help when you first notice a sniffle if you combine this with the steam room and the vapor massage.
- REST!!!!!!I’m always doing something, which doesn’t leave a lot of time for my body to recuperate. When I’m sick, I know that’s my body’s way of telling me I need to take a break. So I settle my house, drink some tea, put a few bottled waters at my bedside and turn on the tv until I drift off.
This is what works for me and my house. Let me know what works for you and your family.