(featuring my daughter Symone and her take on her own personal battle with anxiety)
- Do you feel comfortable explaining your anxiety to people?
Yes I feel comfortable explaining my anxiety to people so I can help other people out.
- When did you discover your anxiety issues?
My anxiety started my senior year of high school a lot of pressure and its crunch time all eyes on me and that triggered it every day.
- Can you explain what a panic attack feels like?
Panic attacks feel as if your airways blocked off and you can’t breathe, but you’re trying harder to breathe and open them back up clammy hands and sweating a lot.
- What scares you when you are in a situation you can’t continue and people don’t know about your anxiety?
The thing that scares me is the out of placement feel as if your about to fall or pass out, it makes you panic as if you’re about to die.
- What do you do to help with your anxiety?
Get away from whatever is stressing me out.
- Do you feel that anxiety is holding you back from achieving your goals?
Yes before anxiety was holding me back from work but I sucked it up and found ways to deal with it.
- What should people know about people who suffer from anxiety issues?
People who don’t know should know that people who suffer from anxiety don’t need a lot of pressure, but need a lot support like deep conversation keep them focus on words instead of the anxiety.
- What advice do you have for people who have anxiety but are scared to ask for help? My advice is to stay stress free, sometimes at work when I’m overwhelmed I walk straight to the bathroom and calm myself down just breathe, also don’t be afraid to ask for help.